How Do I Choose the Right Accident Lawyer?
Why Do I Need an Accident Lawyer?
If you have been involved in a car accident and you have suffered injury, it is crucial that you hire an auto accident attorney to help you as your case progresses. A car accident lawyer can make all the difference in how your case is resolved. If you are well-informed and understand what to look for in an attorney, the process of actually finding one will save you both time and money!
An experienced car accident attorney can guide you through the process and advise on the best plan of action to take regarding medical expenses, lost wages, and auto repairs. Aside from personal injury claims, in the State of Nevada, a car accident attorney can even help you recover financially when a family member is killed in an auto accident.
When Do I Need an Auto Accident Lawyer?
The moment you suffer an injury following a car accident is the moment when you should contact an attorney. Although the best time to hire an attorney after an accident is as soon as possible to avoid any mistakes that can impact your potential recovery, the deadline for filing a car accident claim in the State of Nevada is 2 years from the date of the accident.
What Should I Look For in an Auto Accident Lawyer?
Choosing the right car accident lawyer can make or break your case. When hiring an attorney, you should evaluate the following factors:
- How experienced are they?: Is your lawyer experienced in handling cases like yours?
- How focused are they: Avoid settlement mills! A settlement mill is an attorney’s office that handles multiple cases at once and turns them around quickly to receive a quick buck. By hiring a less-heavily advertised firm, you can rest easy knowing your case is being handled with due care.
- What is their reputation?: Reputations are earned. Anyone can say that they are the “best accident lawyer” but what are your peers saying? Review reviews on Google, Yelp, and Facebook to see what others have to say!
- Is your attorney handling your case directly?: Another issue with heavily advertised law firms? The person you see in the media typically isn’t the person handling your case. Be sure to ask your lawyer specifically if they will be handling your case, and ask if and when they are available to speak with you regarding your case. The last thing you want is to be left in the dark during this pressing time.
What Should I Ask when I Meet with a Lawyer?
When you schedule your free consultation with your car accident lawyer, you should make sure you enquire about the following:
- How long have they been practicing in injury law?
- What level of experience do they have in handling cases like yours?
- Who will be handling your case directly?
- What is required on your end?
- How much do they charge? Are you responsible for any costs in the event your case is lost?
- What is their policy on communication?
- How soon do they anticipate you will receive a settlement if the case is won?
How Do I Find an Auto Accident Lawyer?
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident in Las Vegas, you should speak with a personal injury attorney immediately to learn more about preserving your rights and remedies. Do not delay! The sooner you hire an injury lawyer, the sooner you will receive [maximum] compensation for your accident-related injuries.
Please feel free to contact our office at any time for a free consultation by calling (702) 800-0988.