A driver rear-ended you, causing damage to your vehicle and even worse, your neck. You went to the hospital for your injury and the doctor has diagnosed you with whiplash.
Now you must pay to repair a damaged vehicle as well as medical bills for an injury that has kept you from going to work and making money to pay for the medical bills. You have a long and frustrating road to recovery ahead of you.
The Injury Firm’s car crash lawyer will do everything imaginable to help you recover financially following your car accident. Contact us today at 702-800-0988 to speak with an attorney in a free consultation.
What Is Whiplash?
A whiplash injury happens when a sudden, back-and-forth motion of the neck occurs. This is one of the most common types of injuries in motor vehicle accidents.
This type of injury is also referred to as neck strain or neck sprain.
SYMPTOMS OF WHIPLASH
Whiplash symptoms usually appear within 24-hours following the trauma that caused the injury. Common signs of whiplash include:
- Stiffness in the neck
- Throbbing pain in the neck
- Mobility issues; inability to move the neck in a full range of motion
- Dizziness; Headaches
- Pain or tenderness in the upper back, arms, and shoulders
- Changes in memory and concentration
- Blurred vision
- Tinnitus (ringing in ears)
- Changes in mood including irritability and depression
- Changes in sleep habits
COMMON CAUSES OF WHIPLASH
Any sudden impact that forcefully sends your head back and forth can cause whiplash. The “whipping” motion can tear and stretch the tendons and muscles in your neck, which leads to a ligament, nerve, muscle, spinal disk, and/or spine injury.
The most common causes of whiplash include:
- Car accidents
- Heavy contact sports – most commonly suffered by football players and boxers
- Physical assault/abuse
The whiplash lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada at The Injury Firm will review your case with you and your medical professionals to determine the extent of your injuries and the cost associated with treating them.
Related: Common Car Accident Injuries
DETERMINING FAULT AND LIABILITY FOR YOUR WHIPLASH INJURY
Regardless of whether your whiplash injury was caused by a rear-end collision or another type of automobile accident, we will help you prove fault and establish liability for the damages from your injury.
Personal injury law requires a strategic approach to proving fault and liability. The strategy concludes the at-fault party by asking:
- Who had a duty to take reasonable care to keep you from harm?
- Did that party breach this duty of care by acting or failing to act in a reasonable manner?
- Did this breach of care result in your whiplash injury?
By evaluating the above questions, we will be able to establish negligence. Negligence serves as the core element in taking legal action.
HOW CAN A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER HELP?
Although there isn’t much we can do to fix your whiplash injury, there are many important things we can do to help you recover financially.
You can count on our law firm to do the following:
- Gather evidence;
- Evaluate the scene of the accident;
- Collect and submit medical records to the insurance company with a demand for compensation;
- Obtain any related incident reports, including police reports;
- Obtain expert opinions from doctors and other accident specialists;
- File a lawsuit if the insurer fails to cooperate with our demand;
- Litigate the case on your behalf;
- Fight for you in court.
Related: Making An Injury Claim For Whiplash
THE INJURY FIRM WILL HELP BRING JUSTICE FOR YOUR WHIPLASH INJURY
Following a traumatic injury such as whiplash, you should be focused on recovering physically, not financially. Leave the stress of obtaining compensation for your whiplash injury to an experienced whiplash lawyer in Las Vegas, NV.
At The Injury Firm, our clients always come first. Call our law firm today for a free consultation at 702-800-0988.
“I got into an accident that wasn’t my fault. When my insurance wanted to hold me accountable for it I didn’t know who to call so I reached out to The Injury Firm. I can’t tell you how satisfied I was! It was like having a personal assistant. They took care of everything for me. I hope I never get in an accident again but if I do, they’ll be the first call I make.” – Omid S.